Monday 11 January 2021

Beginnings

The lyric may be lesser in lines and content, but redolent with the imagination of a man who drinks in the growing darkness of the evening and within. All he hopes are for new beginnings to fill the void of an unexplainable emptiness he is subjected to.


The evening shadows lengthen

The burning sun tempers

The twilight silhouettes the trees

The panoptic imagery fades

A silence impregnates through the stillness.

 

Sinews must strengthen

I resist the urge of growing whimpers

I try to put my heart at ease

Fleeting memories evade

I begin anew at the mark of nil-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will the memories ever fade?

  An ouevre to my Aunt 'Janaki' – The shining star of AVR   Boisterous chatter and raucous laughter Infectious banter on occ...